Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fresh Start.



Hey guys! It's been mad long since I last updated. I've been meaning to blog for awhile now. Just so many things start to get in your way when you want to do something productive. Not to mention how busy I am over here. I am really trying to make it a point from now onwards to blog once weekly or at least once in two weeks. I really hope I'll stick to it this time cause I've been caught up with so much recently. I never knew life here would be this tiring and studies are honestly pretty stressful. It's tough. I never understood till now.

Well, I'm actually trying to restart my blog now that I find that it serves a different purpose. I started blogging in 2008, on the day of my baptism. I don't remember why I was prompted to do so but I felt it was important and frankly, ever since that day my life has changed drastically and it's funny how I have pieces of it lying around in my blog to reflect on and give thanks for. The Lord has done great things in my life since then. In 2008 and for a long time, I just wrote in my blog to store up memories of the days that passed by and even to share a little of my life with anyone who was interested. I guess I ranted a lot too and I took the ugliest pictures. Haha. (I was fifteen) 

But in the beginning of this year, I started receiving many encouragements from my friends, my family and even people I didn't know that something had changed in the way I wrote the things I did and that it struck the heart. Many people started nudging me to continue writing about my walk with the Lord and that they could see something greater in this. I was so blessed by people's words but I guess I lazed around a lot. Frankly, I sort of knew that the Lord was telling me through people that I should write more. Ever since forever, I have loved writing. I don't read much, but funnily enough I love writing to express myself. I'm not so good with oral words (sadly), so writing is a means of speaking on my behalf. I just never thought that anyone could see something beautiful in it too. I always thought it was my eyes only.

On the 20th of May, I had the opportunity to have had dinner with prophet Cindy Jacobs whom I adored because she too loves the Lord and loves dressing up. ;D ;D hahah! She prayed and prophesied over my life and every word was so accurate. After the prophecy, she said the strangest thing. She said to me that she felt like I should blog, for the Lord has called me to use my ability as a communicator to fight for my generation. I was stunned. I knew there were many great things the Lord always sees in everyone of us. But for Him to specifically say 'BLOG, FAITH. JUST BLOG' was the cutest thing in the world. Something so small and so insignificant, was important to Him and He was willing to use it. It's pretty amazing how the Lord sees the little things we say about Him and delights in it. How He observes the little things we do and smiles upon it. Sometimes it blows my mind that He believes in me. He knows all the dirt and flaws. He knows how I feel like trash at times. But He never ever fails to see beauty; to see greatness in me.

Today, I was reminded about how what was first known about God in the Bible was that He was a Creator and that He delighted in His creations. Before we came to know any other attributes of the Lord, we knew He created. So when the Bible mentions that we were made in His image, it also means that we were made to further create; to form tangible words and art and music with the intangible things He inspires. I suppose this is my little goal and my fresh purpose for my blog. I love love love pretty things and I just can't be too serious or distant in my writings. I'll just be me! And I hope the little glimpses of my life I make tangible here, will touch your lives alike. Just as the Lord is creative beyond measure, my desire is to adopt His image more and more, day by day. I came to understand today that the simple act of writing reflects who He is, as we create something out of nothing. So I'll trrryyyyyyyyy my best to be creative too, using words to express the things He has taught me.

Anyways, I know this is barely a blog post but it's a mini update about my blog. Just in case you guys are curious stalkers, I have deleted most of my stupidity in my earlier posts since 2008 because Roy keeps reminding me of how lame I was and it makes me sad. Hahahaha. So don't even bother looking for it! :P

For those of you who don't already know, I'm currently studying in Australia. Crazy story how I got here. Never planned to come here but God is really just so spontaneous. Lol. I guess I might blog about this story one day. He has taught me so much in that season. So much in this season too!

More to come, guys! I pray you all will be blessed. It would make me the happiest girl in the world!! <3





xx









No comments: